With summer right around the corner and daylight savings time in full effect the
excitement for hosting a party or having your friends over for
cocktails will increase. Instead of having the same ol’ boring drinks, why
not add a fun twist to your favorite summertime cocktail?
Mason jars are everywhere and can be used in all types of ways. Here we are going to dress one up as the serving glass for a Salty Dog. Here we show you how to make this classic drink stand out by adding black salt to the rim of the Mason jar and garnishing with a blood orange or grapefruit wedge. Add a cute straw and sip away.
- 2 ounces gin
- 4 ounces grapefruit
- Black salt for rimming (coarse)
- Grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Rim mason jar with black salt by wetting the edges with your grapefruit wedge and dipping the glass into a plate of black salt.
- Fill the Mason jar with ice cubes.
- Stir well with a spoon taking care not to spill and remove your salt.
- Garnish with a orange wedge.
- Add a cute straw.
- Sip Away!
Written by Randi Pometta
Photography by Brie Ohlund